Watch my latest Video  

3 Crypto Exchanges Reviews  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS
Crypto Mark
(@do-no-harm)

Here is my 2-cents (crypto). 

Coinbase  Pros: Great for beginners with a simple interface.  Cons: Only Trades Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin. 

Gdax   Pros: Owned by Coinbase.  More advanced interface than Coinbase.  Has free trades on Limit orders!  Cons: Still can only trade Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin. 

Poloniex.com Pros: Advanced platform,  huge amount of crypto coins to trade.  Cons:  Takes weeks or months to get "Verified".   All the exchange platforms are overwhelmed with new accounts, which is a huge amount of pent up demand.

Do no harm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2018 6:44 pm Stephen Berry liked
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin

I think I would put Coinbase more in the category of Bank or wallet, or something in between, rather than exchange. GDAX ino is the exchange behind the Coinbase bank.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2018 9:17 pm Stephen Berry liked
Stephen Berry
(@swb)
Eminent Member

I use GDAX because it is easy to move funds from Coinbase, and fees for sending crypto from GDAX are much lower than Coinbase. Poloniex has a problem with the state of New Hampshire so I can't use it.

Binance just opened up again after being closed for a while, but I haven't traded with them.

Ku-coin is the other exchange that I've used, it's small, it works and it had one coin that I was interested in at the time (OMG). For some reason, after the trade, there was still some tiny fraction of BTC left over, not sure what happened there since I intended on trading all my BTC for OMG.

Question for Ernie: where will we keep the crypto after purchase? 

You miss 100% of the shots you do not take.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2018 8:19 am ljm81@outlook.com and bleake liked
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin

That can also be a member-driven decision

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2018 12:26 pm
bleake
(@bleake)
After watching this interview with the C.E.O of Binance, I would have to say I lean 
towards their platform. He speaks of shutting down temporarily to fix his customer
service problems for a better user experience. With adoption being a large driver
of scalability, so too is your ability to keep up in customer service. After
experiencing several platforms (all mentioned above and then some) it's nice to
see them lean towards our user experience more than the amount of transactions
ran a second. Which Binance is incredibly well equiped to handle already.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - Thomas Edison

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2018 5:01 pm Val, nedphillipsjones@gmail.com and Stephen Berry liked
Crypto Mark
(@do-no-harm)

Hi guys,

As for storage:  Perhaps a Ledger or Nano then placed into a bank deposit box.

Do no harm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2018 8:50 pm
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin

I prefer a paper wallet in a deposit box. Cheaper and can't be affected by EMP

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2018 4:42 pm
Joseph Nagel
(@josepheagleonegmail-com)

Coinbase

Just signed up today took about 20 minutes. Actually surprised at how fast with all the stories. Couple glitches with using webcam for pictures of license the screen said not verified 3rd time was successful. However received 3 emails stating i was verified after the 1st try. Setup with Debit card no problem however, when i went to make first $100 purchase the transaction was cancelled by my bank. I will check with them first thing in the morning.

Thank you Ernie for all your work and sharing your knowledge !!!!!  

"In Constant Motion"

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2018 1:59 am
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin

Be careful with the bank transfers, check to make sure your bank won't penalize you or shut down your account. I have heard such cases from people I know. I did mine through PayPal, which works without problem because Coinbase has a partnership with PayPal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2018 8:34 am
Joseph Nagel

Ok, called my Bank they said they would have to remove the security code every time i want to purchase thru the debit card....... I could not add paypal account it is only listed for withdrawals.  Please advise on how to add paypal for purchases ??? Thank you

"In Constant Motion"

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2018 9:19 am
b.samson
(@bekele-samsongmail-com)

Agreed. Binance at this point is by far the best.  Having said that, if you invest in more than a dozen coins you'll have to join several others to be able to trade. Can't wait when we can fully trade on decentralized exchanges.

Good place to allocate some investment funds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2018 1:48 pm
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
Posted by: Joseph Nagel

Ok, called my Bank they said they would have to remove the security code every time i want to purchase thru the debit card....... I could not add paypal account it is only listed for withdrawals.  Please advise on how to add paypal for purchases ??? Thank you

PayPal has great integration with CoinBase. Transfers between your bank and PayPal are simple ACH, no fees and 1 day wait.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2018 9:01 pm Joseph Nagel liked
Joseph Nagel

Problem now is overcoming the $100 buy limit per WEEK.... I was motivated to buy, buy, buy after your video and now find limiting barriers for now. Did get my $10 for signing up and trust you did too! Hoping to avoid signing up for multiple exchanges....

I have referred a couple people to the club as the concept is awesome !!! New to all the exponential opportunities being offered now and trust this adventure to be as dynamic as its members.....Glad to be in the game with some skin. Thank you.

Newbie (good topic title lol )

Joe 

"In Constant Motion"

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2018 9:52 pm
Al_426
(@al_426)

I also been using Binance with very good luck, everything has gone fast and smooth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2018 4:46 pm
cryptotechtrader
(@cryptotechtrader)

Ernie can you buy cryptos from coinbase using paypal because I don't see the option to use paypal as a source of funds, paypal seems to be only for selling from coinbase.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2018 3:33 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register